Rabbi Ben Shalva will be the scholar-in-residence for the spring Shabbaton on "Inner Light: Kabbalah & Meditation for the Busy Mind." The Shabbaton includes the following events:
- A congregational dinner Friday night. RSVP by May 7.
- A musical Erev Shabbat service which Rabbi Ben will co-lead followed by his presentation on "The Holiness of Breath."
- Following Shabbat morning services and a kiddush lunch, Rabbi Ben will lead a presentation on "The Four Worlds of Jewish Mindfulness."
This year's Shavuot program, conducted in conjuction with Tikkun Leil Shabbat, will include a potluck meal, study sessions, worship, and cheesecake.
Capital Pride Week
Bet Mishpachah will be participarting in several Pride Week events. This list will be augmented as future details become available:
- On Tuesday, June 5, the 14th Annual Night Out at the Ballpark featuring Tampa Bay Rays v. Washington Nationals.
- On Friday, June 8, the National Pride Shabbat Service at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue.
- On Saturday, June 9, the Capital Pride Parade through the Dupont Circle and Logan Circle neighborhoods
- On Sunday, June 10, the Capital Pride Street Festival on Pennsylvania Ave.